In order to keep you up to date with literary activities in Dundee, Perth & Angus a new blog has been set up detailing writing activities, events and links to competitions, publications and so on. The blog can be found at http://northcarrlight.blogspot.com/ - contributions welcome!
Poems wanted! The forthcoming poetry anthology 'Double Bill : poems inspired by popular culture' (due out in 2014 on Red Squirrel Press) is looking for poems inspired by adverts. This competition is only open to poets who are not already commissioned to write for the Double Bill anthology.
The brief is as follows :-
1. poems can be up to 10 lines long
2. poems must be submitted by August 1st 2013 to [email protected]
3. poems MUST be written about a particular product or advert - see the list below
4. the best poem submitted for each product/theme (as judged by the editors at Red Squirrel Press) will appear in the anthology - there is no prize, although contributors will naturally receive a copy of the anthology.
5. you may send as many poems as you like, but we can only use one per person
The themes for the poem(s) you submit MUST be one of the following :-
The anthology will contain over a hundred poets, including John Hegley, George Szirtes, Adam Horovitz, Luke Wright, Simon Barraclough, Sheenagh Pugh and many others. Please feel free to distribute this to poetry pals through the usual channels.